DR GOH SWEE HOCK - BSc (Hons) in Chemistry
- Senior Fellow, National University of Singapore, 1995-2000.
- Chair and Professor of Organic Chemistry, University of Malaya, 1990-1995.
- Research Associate, Universities of Chicago 1972, Cornell 1978 and Texas A&M 1984.
- Lecturer and Associate Professor, University of Malaya, 1968-1990.
- Teaching and research assistant, University of Chicago, 1964-1965.
- Tutor, University of Malaya, 1960.
- Organic chemistry
- Organic spectroscopy
- Natural products chemistry
- Lipid chemistry, industrial and environmental organic chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Natural Products & Drug Discovery
- Natural Insecticides
- Oils and Fats; Biofuels
- Free Radicals and Carbenes
- Lipids including Palm Oil
- Organic chemistry of palm oil constituents
- Chemistry and nutrition
- Chemistry of bioactive compounds
- Chemistry of Plants and Insects
- Investigation of bioactive compounds
- Natural products
- Organic Toxicants and Water Quality
- Water quality Criteria and Standards
- Oil pollution
Awards & Honors
- Elected Fellow, Academy of Sciences Malaysia, 2000.
- Malaysian Institute of Chemistry Gold medalist, 1991.
- Uniroyal Fellow, 1966.
- Fulbright Scholar, 1964.
- Penang State Scholar, University of Malaya Entrance Scholar, 1959-60.
- Hutchings scholar (honorary), 1959.
- Advisor, UTAR, 2009.
- Advisor, Sarawak Biodiversity Centre, Kuching, Sarawak, 2001-2007
- Hon Sen Res Fellow, Forest Research Institute of Malaysia, 2000.
- Editor, Malaysian Oil Science and Technology, 2000-2009.
- Member, Editorial committee, Jour Science Tropics, 2007-2009
- Member of Editorial Board, Elaeis, Journal for Palm Oil and Oil Palm Research, 1999-2009.
- Visiting Professor, University of Melbourne, 1993.
- Visiting Professor, Australian National University, 1990.
- Council Member, Malaysian Oil Science and Technology Association, 1993-2009.
- Member of Research Advisory Committee, Forest Research Institute of Malaysia, 1989-1992.
- Member, MPOB Programme Advisory Committee for Research, 1990-2006.
- Consultancies: Water Quality of Malaysia; Industrial Master Plan of Malaysia; Natural Products & Biodiversity; Biofuels; Pesticides; Palm Oil Research; 1980-1995.