1. The Bachelor of Science (Materials Science) program goal is to produce graduates with vast knowledge in Materials Science fields especially for electronics and electrical industries, has analytical and problem solving skills, able for life-long learning, application of practical skills in Materials Science to correlate research results with Materials Science concept.
2. The Bachelor of Science (Materials Science) program was formed with vision for Department of Physics University of Malaya to excel as a centre for study and research in Materials Science at international level.
3. The mission of the Materials Science program is to produce quality graduates and to develop students potential who could contribute to society through holistic learning approach.
At the end of the Degree of Bachelor of Science (Materials Science) program, graduates are able to:
1. Demonstrate proficiency in the basic knowledge in Materials Science and latest technology.
2. Demonstrate practical skills in Materials Science and connecting experimental results to related Materials Science concepts.
3. Demonstrate skills and social responsibility in practicing Materials Science.
4. Practicing ethical value and professionalism as a Materials Science expert.
5. Demonstrate communication, leadership and team work skills particularly in relating scientific and technical information through both written and oral presentations.
6. Applying scientific skills in problem solving related to Materials Science.
7. Engage in life-long learning to improve knowledge and applications.
8. Apply Materials Science experience and knowledge to explore opportunities in entrepreneurship world.
Semester I : September
Semester II : February
Deadline for Malaysian applicants : April for Semester I intake
Deadline for International applicants : June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake