1. To produce graduates who have strong fundamental knowledge in biotechnology and capable in various fields that can contribute to the nation’s development, and balance the needs of human and environment development in ethical and professional ways.
2. To produce graduates skills in biotechnology techniques with capability in designing and developing research.
3. To produce graduates who are highly qualified, with broad visions and knowledgeable in sectors such as agriculture, medicine, fisheries, industry and pharmaceuticals. They are capable of developing and executing a diverse range of projects.
4. To produce biotechnology graduates who are high competitive, and capable of pursuing higher education in the life sciences in any institution.
At the end of BSc Biotechnology programme, graduates with BSc in Biotechnology are able to:
1. Apply knowledge through understanding concepts and biological principles in biotechnology practices.
2. Apply practical,safe and efficient approaches in the practise of biotechnology in the laboratory and workplace, as well as able to analyse issues and evaluate accurate resource applications.
3. Evaluate the need of environmental development in biotechnology practice, the importance of responsibility and interpersonal relationship between society and culture.
4. Exhibit the importance of ethics and professional needs in practising biotechnology.
5. Communicate clearly and effectively in both oral and written works, especially when cooperating in groups whilst showing responsible and productive interpersonal skills.
6. Use, apply and practice scientific methods in practising biotechnology, including appreciating the need for self evaluation and improvement to meet industrial and societal demands.
7. Plan and to execute research projects with effective time management and efficient resource usage.
8. Exhibit effective management and entrepreneurship skills.
1. Biotechnologists and researchers at research institutes and industries.
2. Science and research officers in government agency.
3. Administrative officers at government agencies and private sectors.
4. Sale and Marketing executives.
5. Academician and researchers in universities
6. Research officers at Hospitals, research institutes such as MARDI, FRIM, SIRIM, IMR etc.
7. Consultants, Technologists
Semester I : September
Semester II : February
Deadline for Malaysian applicants : April for Semester I intake
Deadline for International applicants : June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake