The goals of B.Sc. in Applied Geology program are to:
1. Produce graduates with solid foundation in applied geosciences and with the ability to apply this knowledge in the practice of various fields related to geoscience.
2. Produce graduates skilful in commonly used applied geoscience techniques and with the ability to design and implement research in geoscience and related fields.
3. Produce graduates who are qualified, knowledgeable and possess appropriate skills to serve earth-resource based industries and capable of developing and implementing projects involving earth material.
4. Produce graduates with self-learning and problem solving skills that are pertinent in various careers.
At the end of the program, the graduate with a B.Sc. in Applied Geology degree will be able to:-
1. Understand the geological concepts and principles and be able to apply this knowledge in the practice of applied geology as well as actively seek and apply latest knowledge to adapt to requirements and changes in the work place in a scientific, professional and ethical manner;
2. Adopt a systematic and evidence-based approach to the practice of applied geology as well as analyse issues and evaluate the proper and efficient use of resources;
3. Appreciate the need for sustainable development of the environment in the practice of applied geology and the importance of responsible, personal, social and cultural inter-relationships;
4. Value the importance of ethics and the need for professionalism in the practice of geology as well as upholding the interests of clients, the profession and society;
5. Communicate information, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, and also be a responsible and productive team player with good inter-personal skills;
6. Utilize, apply and adopt scientific methods in the practice of applied geology and problem solving for clients, as well as appreciate the need for self-assessment and improvement in meeting the demands of industry and society;
7. Actively apply information technology in the practice of applied geology and enrich knowledge through life-long learning; and
8. Apply experience and knowledge in geology to explore opportunities in the word of entrepreneurship.
Semester I : September
Semester II : February
Deadline for Malaysian applicants : April for Semester I intake
Deadline for International applicants : June for Semester I intake and November for Semester II intake