DR GOH SWEE HOCK -BSc (Hons) in Chemistry
- Senior Fellow, National University of Singapore, 1995-2000.
- Chair and Professor of Organic Chemistry, University of Malaya, 1990-1995.
- Research Associate, Universities of Chicago 1972, Cornell 1978 and Texas A&M 1984.
- Lecturer and Associate Professor, University of Malaya, 1968-1990.
- Teaching and research assistant, University of Chicago, 1964-1965.
- Tutor, University of Malaya, 1960.
- Organic chemistry
- Organic spectroscopy
- Natural products chemistry
- Lipid chemistry, industrial and environmental organic chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Natural Products & Drug Discovery
- Natural Insecticides
- Oils and Fats; Biofuels
- Free Radicals and Carbenes
- Lipids including Palm Oil
- Organic chemistry of palm oil constituents
- Chemistry and nutrition
- Chemistry of bioactive compounds
- Chemistry of Plants and Insects
- Investigation of bioactive compounds
- Natural products
- Organic Toxicants and Water Quality
- Water quality Criteria and Standards
- Oil pollution
Awards & Honors
- Elected Fellow, Academy of Sciences Malaysia, 2000.
- Malaysian Institute of Chemistry Gold medalist, 1991.
- Uniroyal Fellow, 1966.
- Fulbright Scholar, 1964.
- Penang State Scholar, University of Malaya Entrance Scholar, 1959-60.
- Hutchings scholar (honorary), 1959.
- Advisor, UTAR, 2009.
- Advisor, Sarawak Biodiversity Centre, Kuching, Sarawak, 2001-2007
- Hon Sen Res Fellow, Forest Research Institute of Malaysia, 2000.
- Editor, Malaysian Oil Science and Technology, 2000-2009.
- Member, Editorial committee, Jour Science Tropics, 2007-2009
- Member of Editorial Board, Elaeis, Journal for Palm Oil and Oil Palm Research, 1999-2009.
- Visiting Professor, University of Melbourne, 1993.
- Visiting Professor, Australian National University, 1990.
- Council Member, Malaysian Oil Science and Technology Association, 1993-2009.
- Member of Research Advisory Committee, Forest Research Institute of Malaysia, 1989-1992.
- Member, MPOB Programme Advisory Committee for Research, 1990-2006.
- Consultancies: Water Quality of Malaysia; Industrial Master Plan of Malaysia; Natural Products & Biodiversity; Biofuels; Pesticides; Palm Oil Research; 1980-1995.
PROF. DR. HA MING ANG - BSc (Hons) in Chemistry
- 2009 Professor of Chemical Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering
- 2009-2011 Head of Department of Chemical Engineering
- 2008 Acting Head of Department of Chemical Engineering
- 2007 Acting Dean of Engineering in the absence of the Dean
- 2003 Promoted to Associate Professor for the 2003 Promotion Round
- 2000 Appointed as Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering, Curtin University of Technology, Western Australia for 3 years
- 1988 Senior Lecturer in Chemical Engineering, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Western Australia.
- PhD, 1973, University College London, United Kingdom
- Dip. Chem. Engineering, 1969, University College London, United Kingdom
- BSc (First Class Honours), 1968, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Corporate Fellow, Institution of Chemical Engineers, United Kingdom
- Chartered Engineer, Engineering Council, United Kingdom
- Fellow, Engineers Australia
- 2010 Chair of Accreditation Panel for IChemE Accreditation of University of Auckland in New Zealand
- 2008 Chair of Accreditation Panel for IChemE Accreditation of University of Melbourne Chemical Engineering Programs Member of Academic Board, Curtin Sarawak Represented Engineering at the AUQA on Curtin University Chair of Selection Panels for Departmental Academic, Administrative and Technical Staff Recruitments in 2008 Chair of ECE Selection Panel for Academic Staff Recruitment Member of IChemE Accreditation Panel to Monash University
- 2007 Member of Engineers Australia Accreditation Panel to University of Adelaide to accredit both the Chemical Engineering and also the Pharmaceutical Engineering programs
- 2005 Member of IChemE Accreditation Panel to University Technology Petronas Malaysia
- 2005 Coordinated and prepared documentation for both Engineers Australia and IChemE accreditations
- 2004 Member on IChemE Accreditation Panel to University of New South Wales
- 2003 Member on Selection Panel for Departmental Academic Staff
- 2003 Member on IChemE Accreditation Panel to Monash University and Adelaide University
- 1990to 2009 Member of IChemE Board in Australia representing Western Australia
- 1990 to date Serving in many capacities, mostly as Chair or Deputy Chair of Joint Chemical Engineering Committee in Western Australia
- Industrial Crystallization
- Reaction Engineering
- Environmental Engineering including Industrial Wastewater Treatment, Contaminated Soil Remediation and Air Pollution
Research Experience/Postgraduate Supervision
- Successful Supervision of the following: 22 PhD, 17 M Phil, many Master of Chemical Engineering theses and over 150 B Eng Research Projects
- Presently Supervising or co-supervising: 6 PhD and 1 MPhil Chemical Engineering students