At the end of the programme, graduates with a BSc in Genetics are able to:
1. Apply knowledge through understanding of biological concepts and principles in the practice of genetics and molecular biology.
2. Adopt a practical, safe and efficient approach to the practice of genetics and molecular biology in the laboratory and workplace as well as analyze issues and evaluate the appropriate use of resources.
3. Appreciate the need for sustainable development of the environment in the practice of genetics and molecular biology and the importance of responsible, personal, social and cultural inter-relationships.
4. Value the importance of ethics and the need for professionalism in the practice of genetics and molecular biology.
5. Communicate information, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing and also be a responsible and productive team player with good interpersonal skills.
6. Utilize, apply and adopt scientific methods in the practice of genetics and molecular biology as well as appreciate the need for self-assessment and improvement in meeting with the demands of industry and society.
7. Plan and execute research projects with efficient time management and use of resources.
8. Exhibit efficient and effective management and entrepreneurial skills.